Pride of Laguna Lions Club
The Pride of Laguna Creek Lions Club was sponsored by the Elk Grove Lions Club and was Chartered by Lion’s Club Interntional in 1993. We are proud to represent the Sutter Zone in the Sacramento Region of District 4 C5.
We are a small, but mighty club – participating in several events and service projects each year. We partner with the Cosumnes Community Services District to provide pancake breakfasts at two of their signature events – “Egg” Stra-Ordinary Easter – Breakfast with the Bunny, and Breakfast with Santa. Each of these events are extremely popular within our community.
Recently we adopted a street in Sacramento, and have made a commitment to maintain it.
We are most proud of our commitment to the youth in our community. We are the chartering organization for numerous Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Adventure Crew Troops. We also provide a Flag Day Presentation to the elementary schools in Elk Grove in which we share the rich tradition of patriotism with children in Grades 2 through 5. We also participate in the Lion’s Club International Peace Poster Contest, and the Student Speaker Contest.
We have several projects scheduled throughout the year. These include:
- January – Peace Poster Contest
- February – Student Speaker Contest & Flag Day Presentations
- March – Cal Ripken Baseball Opening Day Breakfast
- April – Breakfast with the Bunny
- May – District 4-C5 Convention
- June – Breakfast for the EG Run 4 Hunger
- July – Adopt a Street Clean-up
- August – Lion’s Wilderness Camp
- October – White Cane Day Rummage Sale
- November – Toy Drive & Bell Ringing with the Salvation Army
- December – Breakfast with Santa
We are especially proud of our involvement in our Dictrict 4-C5. Several of our club members serve on various committees and have served as officers of the District. Our own Richard Wilmont was selected to serve as the District Governor for 2010-2011 and Mike Retzlaff was selected to serve as the District Governor for the 2015/2016 year.
We are a proud member of Lions Clubs International, the world’s largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.